Rug Cleaning in Hernando , MS
From preliminary inspection to final check, our company takes special care to properly manage your Oriental rug cleaning project. Since 1881, we have completed rug cleaning of every type of difficulty for clients that want to protect and maintain the appearance of their beautiful pieces.
Fred Remmers Rug Cleaners & Oriental Rug Gallery near Hernando, MS can check out your rug and recommend a course of action. Our rug cleaning services are customized based on problems you have such as stains, damage, and more.
Oriental Rug Cleaning Includes a Specific Wash Process
One thing our customers inHernando, MS will tell you is that we are consistent in all of the work we complete, no matter how intense the cleaning process needs to be. It is not uncommon for us to handle deeply embedded pet stains, heavy discoloration, and large amounts of dirt and dust. The basics of a typical oriental rug cleaning include:
- Pre-Wash Inspection: This includes determining the condition of the rug and deciding if treatment is needed before we wash the rug.
- Dusting: This involves removing 100% of the dust from the rug with state-of-the-art methods.
- Pre-Spot Tough Stains: This customized step may involve special treatment, enzyme treatment, and color restoration.
- Submersion Wash: This includes washing the rug on both sides with our gentle yet effective shampoos.
- Soaking: Allowing the rug to soak fully in this overnight step removes dirt, liquids, and more.
- Brushing: This includes brushing the rug with special grooming tools.
- Drying: This goes on in a climate-controlled room that leaves your rug dry in about six hours.
- Final Inspection: This is conducted to make sure every aspect of the cleaning service was handled properly and to our own standards.
Add On Services Extends Your Rug’s Lifetime
When you are already investing in a piece which is especially important to your family or friends we recommend adding on services including scotch guarding, rug deodorizing, and/or moth proofing.
Scotch guarding allows you to walk, run, play, and relax on or around your rug without worrying about damages caused by spills. No matter how careful you are, it is always best to prepare for an accident because they do happen. Deodorizing is especially recommended for pet owners and people that are looking to store their rug for more than a few months. With storage in mind, you may also want to add moth proofing to prevent any major damage while your rug is not in use.
You shouldn’t be worried about every foot that steps on your rug. One of the best things about owning a beautiful oriental rug is showing it off and displaying it in your home. Without being able to do this, there is no benefit to owning the piece. We give you peace of mind as you live your daily life by offering special types of rug cleaning treatment to get rid of every type of damage caused, including the most difficult of circumstances.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for rug cleaning. We are proud to serve clients inHernando, MS , and the surrounding areas.
Carpet Cleaning - Steam vs Dry
Routine vacuuming helps keep your carpeting clean by removing dust and dirt from the top layers; however, grime, germs, allergens, and other contaminants get trapped deep in the carpet where your vacuum can't reach. Over time these pollutants accumulate, and they can even make you and your family sick! That's why it's important to have your carpets deep cleaned annually. Carpet cleaning removes both surface dirt and deeply embedded dirt for a total clean-meaning fresh-looking, healthy carpets! But carpet cleaning isn't a job for amateurs: to get your carpets and rugs completely clean without causing damage requires knowledge, training, and specialized tools. Leave your carpet cleaning jobs to the professionals and you'll get beautiful, expert results!
The concern with most do-it-yourself carpet cleanings is how clean you're really getting the carpet. Without specialized carpet cleaning equipment and products, homeowners simply aren't able to remove the grime trapped within their carpeting-and if you can't get it all the way clean, what's the point! Professional carpet cleaning uses truck-mounted hot water extraction to thoroughly cleanse your carpets. With a combination of pressurized hot water, eco-friendly cleaning agents, and rapid extraction, these machines can eliminate practically all of the contaminants embedded in your carpeting. Your carpet cleaners can even apply a stain protection treatment to keep your carpets pristine longer.
And, because the hot water extraction system applies the cleansers and then quickly extracts them out, your carpet is left clean and only a little damp. This is crucial because over saturating your carpeting dramatically increases drying time; if your carpet stays wet too long it can begin to mold and mildew, creating new health problems! While amateur carpet cleaning jobs can take days to dry, a professionally cleaned carpet is usually dry in under 12 hours. Speed-drying processes can also be used if it's essential that your carpet dry extra fast!
The other benefit to using professional carpet cleaners is that they have the skills and knowledge to remove even tough stains. Stubborn spots like wine, cola, juice, and pet stains can be completely removed with most expert carpet cleanings. They can even help erase the unpleasant odors that linger after pet accidents. So even if you assume a spot is permanent, carpet cleaning from the pros should be able to eliminate it!
When it comes to rug cleaning, the stakes are even higher. Although area and oriental rugs are a beautiful addition to any home, they are particularly difficult to clean-and vulnerable to considerable damage if not cleaned properly. The first issue is that many area rugs, even high-end Persian rugs, are not colorfast. That means that they are vulnerable to color transfer, dye migration, and fading. A carpet cleaning professional can effectively combat these problems by using specialized cleaning techniques while the average home owner won't even know there is an issue until it's too late! Rug cleaning can also lead to shrinkage as many area rugs are made from wool. Again, your carpet cleaner will be able to take steps to prevent this problem. He'll also be able to clean your rug's delicate fringe without causing knotting or matting.
The other issue at stake is that area rugs usually have some other type of flooring underneath (carpeting, tile, hardwood) and if the rug is left in place to be cleaned the underlying flooring will be damaged. Just image a damp rug laying on your hardwood flooring for hours! Most professional rug cleaning services do their rug cleaning off-site in order to protect your floors. If this is the case, pick up and delivery should be complimentary for easy hassle-free service.
For clean, undamaged carpets, professional carpet cleaning is your best choice. With their skills and technical know-how, you can be confident that the job will be done right! To ensure only the best carpet cleaners are working in your home, choose one certified by the IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification).
How to Clean Area Rugs - General Tips
Beautiful, ornate area rugs add to a dash of charm to your place. When added to the living room, dining room or the bedroom, the corner becomes cozy, warm and inviting; one can end up spending endless hours on the rug. But like all other furnishings and upholstery, they gather dust, gravel, germs, pet hair and other unwanted elements. Your favorite rug may be the breeding ground for bacteria and virus. The dust and life hidden behind the fibers are capable of causing dangerous diseases and health hazards like asthma, bronchitis and various breathing problems.
It is recommended that you vacuum clean the carpet almost daily for best results. Vacuum cleaning the rug vigorously and frequently will dislodge some the dust and unwanted particles in it. If done daily, the carpet can be clean but cannot get rid of the dust completely. The carpet has to be cleaned and dusted vigorously, at least once a fortnight. Listed below are 8 tips and tricks to clean your area rugs perfectly.
• Once in a while, take the cleaning process outside, into an open area, so that the dust does not settle on your favorite things or your favorite people.
• Every once in a while, hang the area rug on a clothesline or place it on a wall while you beat it gently with a stick. The blows will dislodge all the grime stuck in it.
• Use a good quality carpet cleaning solution that can be effective in cleaning the carpet completely. Mix it with a small amount of warm water and pour it all over the rug. Gently shampoo the rug with this mixture and brush with gently with a soft brush. Clean with lots of water till the water comes out clear and let it sun dry or air dry completely.
• Dilute a portion of a carpet cleaning solution with warm water and spray the dilution all over your carpet. Let it sit for a while and then brush, clean and wash with clear water till the water becomes clear.
• Gently brush your carpet with a soft bridled brush to remove the dirt stuck in the fibers. Doing this regularly can keep your carpet neat and clean for a long time.
• Sprinkle baking soda generously all over the rug as it absorbs all odor. Brush and vacuum clean as normal.
• You may also use a dilution of vinegar and water and spray the mixture all over the carpet for the same purpose of absorbing odor. Vinegar dilutions are useful for removing stains caused on the rugs due to pet urines.
• Sun-dry the carpet regularly to get rid of all the bacteria residing in it.
Without us knowing, the carpets we love so much can become breeding grounds for bacteria, virus, fungus and other microbial organisms. Added to that would be the dust which can cause a lot of harm. Those with pets and children should be more careful. Regularly cleaning of area rugs is very essential, to keep the house disease free and infection free.