Rug Cleaning in Hernando , MS
From preliminary inspection to final check, our company takes special care to properly manage your Oriental rug cleaning project. Since 1881, we have completed rug cleaning of every type of difficulty for clients that want to protect and maintain the appearance of their beautiful pieces.
Fred Remmers Rug Cleaners & Oriental Rug Gallery near Hernando, MS can check out your rug and recommend a course of action. Our rug cleaning services are customized based on problems you have such as stains, damage, and more.
Oriental Rug Cleaning Includes a Specific Wash Process
One thing our customers inHernando, MS will tell you is that we are consistent in all of the work we complete, no matter how intense the cleaning process needs to be. It is not uncommon for us to handle deeply embedded pet stains, heavy discoloration, and large amounts of dirt and dust. The basics of a typical oriental rug cleaning include:
- Pre-Wash Inspection: This includes determining the condition of the rug and deciding if treatment is needed before we wash the rug.
- Dusting: This involves removing 100% of the dust from the rug with state-of-the-art methods.
- Pre-Spot Tough Stains: This customized step may involve special treatment, enzyme treatment, and color restoration.
- Submersion Wash: This includes washing the rug on both sides with our gentle yet effective shampoos.
- Soaking: Allowing the rug to soak fully in this overnight step removes dirt, liquids, and more.
- Brushing: This includes brushing the rug with special grooming tools.
- Drying: This goes on in a climate-controlled room that leaves your rug dry in about six hours.
- Final Inspection: This is conducted to make sure every aspect of the cleaning service was handled properly and to our own standards.
Add On Services Extends Your Rug’s Lifetime
When you are already investing in a piece which is especially important to your family or friends we recommend adding on services including scotch guarding, rug deodorizing, and/or moth proofing.
Scotch guarding allows you to walk, run, play, and relax on or around your rug without worrying about damages caused by spills. No matter how careful you are, it is always best to prepare for an accident because they do happen. Deodorizing is especially recommended for pet owners and people that are looking to store their rug for more than a few months. With storage in mind, you may also want to add moth proofing to prevent any major damage while your rug is not in use.
You shouldn’t be worried about every foot that steps on your rug. One of the best things about owning a beautiful oriental rug is showing it off and displaying it in your home. Without being able to do this, there is no benefit to owning the piece. We give you peace of mind as you live your daily life by offering special types of rug cleaning treatment to get rid of every type of damage caused, including the most difficult of circumstances.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for rug cleaning. We are proud to serve clients inHernando, MS , and the surrounding areas.
8 Tips to Cleaning Area Rugs
Beautiful, ornate area rugs add to a dash of charm to your place. When added to the living room, dining room or the bedroom, the corner becomes cozy, warm and inviting; one can end up spending endless hours on the rug. But like all other furnishings and upholstery, they gather dust, gravel, germs, pet hair and other unwanted elements. Your favorite rug may be the breeding ground for bacteria and virus. The dust and life hidden behind the fibers are capable of causing dangerous diseases and health hazards like asthma, bronchitis and various breathing problems.
It is recommended that you vacuum clean the carpet almost daily for best results. Vacuum cleaning the rug vigorously and frequently will dislodge some the dust and unwanted particles in it. If done daily, the carpet can be clean but cannot get rid of the dust completely. The carpet has to be cleaned and dusted vigorously, at least once a fortnight. Listed below are 8 tips and tricks to clean your area rugs perfectly.
• Once in a while, take the cleaning process outside, into an open area, so that the dust does not settle on your favorite things or your favorite people.
• Every once in a while, hang the area rug on a clothesline or place it on a wall while you beat it gently with a stick. The blows will dislodge all the grime stuck in it.
• Use a good quality carpet cleaning solution that can be effective in cleaning the carpet completely. Mix it with a small amount of warm water and pour it all over the rug. Gently shampoo the rug with this mixture and brush with gently with a soft brush. Clean with lots of water till the water comes out clear and let it sun dry or air dry completely.
• Dilute a portion of a carpet cleaning solution with warm water and spray the dilution all over your carpet. Let it sit for a while and then brush, clean and wash with clear water till the water becomes clear.
• Gently brush your carpet with a soft bridled brush to remove the dirt stuck in the fibers. Doing this regularly can keep your carpet neat and clean for a long time.
• Sprinkle baking soda generously all over the rug as it absorbs all odor. Brush and vacuum clean as normal.
• You may also use a dilution of vinegar and water and spray the mixture all over the carpet for the same purpose of absorbing odor. Vinegar dilutions are useful for removing stains caused on the rugs due to pet urines.
• Sun-dry the carpet regularly to get rid of all the bacteria residing in it.
Without us knowing, the carpets we love so much can become breeding grounds for bacteria, virus, fungus and other microbial organisms. Added to that would be the dust which can cause a lot of harm. Those with pets and children should be more careful. Regularly cleaning of area rugs is very essential, to keep the house disease free and infection free.
Rug Cleaning Services: Keep Your Oriental Rugs Clean
One of the first things to do as far as rug cleaning is concerned is to work out what our rug is made of. There are so many different types of materials that make up many different combinations of rugs that this is sometimes not as easy as it sounds. Hopefully, there will be a small tag somewhere on the rug that will help us identify what type of material it is made of. This in turn will then determine what method of cleaning we should adopt with it.
Depending on what type of solutions we use to clean our rug will also determine how effective our rug cleaning exercise is going to be. Some rugs of course can easily be cleaned at home but there are a few that should probably be tackled by professional cleaners. This is partly due to the high cost of rugs and partly due to the fact that some tasks are better left to the pros.
Some type of oriental rugs can be a lot harder to clean than your everyday rug and may even be damaged if not cleaned in exactly the right manner. One of the facts to think about is if the rug is colorfast or not. Rugs are more susceptible to fading their colors than normal types of carpets and then there is the consideration of the dyes being affected and any color transfer that may occur.
It may seem a little clearer now, why it is sometimes easier to let a professional cleaner do our rug cleaning for us. Yet another factor to think about in our cleaning task is to try and prevent any shrinkage from happening in our precious rug.
We should also take into consideration the type of flooring that lies under the rug as well. This is important, because if a damp rug is left on some wooden floor for instance they may damage them. You may notice that the professional cleaners will almost certainly clean your rugs away from your house, outside or even in their factory.
When cleaning your rug also be mindful of the fact that a rug should always be treated gently. Any undue force or pressure on the rug may actually damage it. Also always be careful of the chemicals you will use in cleaning your rugs, Some chemicals will actually cause more harm than good, best practice is to test a small area of the rugs on the underside of it with the cleaning solution you are going to use for your rug cleaning.