Rug Cleaning in Horn Lake , MS
From preliminary inspection to final check, our company takes special care to properly manage your Oriental rug cleaning project. Since 1881, we have completed rug cleaning of every type of difficulty for clients that want to protect and maintain the appearance of their beautiful pieces.
Fred Remmers Rug Cleaners & Oriental Rug Gallery near Horn Lake, MS can check out your rug and recommend a course of action. Our rug cleaning services are customized based on problems you have such as stains, damage, and more.
Oriental Rug Cleaning Includes a Specific Wash Process
One thing our customers inHorn Lake, MS will tell you is that we are consistent in all of the work we complete, no matter how intense the cleaning process needs to be. It is not uncommon for us to handle deeply embedded pet stains, heavy discoloration, and large amounts of dirt and dust. The basics of a typical oriental rug cleaning include:
- Pre-Wash Inspection: This includes determining the condition of the rug and deciding if treatment is needed before we wash the rug.
- Dusting: This involves removing 100% of the dust from the rug with state-of-the-art methods.
- Pre-Spot Tough Stains: This customized step may involve special treatment, enzyme treatment, and color restoration.
- Submersion Wash: This includes washing the rug on both sides with our gentle yet effective shampoos.
- Soaking: Allowing the rug to soak fully in this overnight step removes dirt, liquids, and more.
- Brushing: This includes brushing the rug with special grooming tools.
- Drying: This goes on in a climate-controlled room that leaves your rug dry in about six hours.
- Final Inspection: This is conducted to make sure every aspect of the cleaning service was handled properly and to our own standards.
Add On Services Extends Your Rug’s Lifetime
When you are already investing in a piece which is especially important to your family or friends we recommend adding on services including scotch guarding, rug deodorizing, and/or moth proofing.
Scotch guarding allows you to walk, run, play, and relax on or around your rug without worrying about damages caused by spills. No matter how careful you are, it is always best to prepare for an accident because they do happen. Deodorizing is especially recommended for pet owners and people that are looking to store their rug for more than a few months. With storage in mind, you may also want to add moth proofing to prevent any major damage while your rug is not in use.
You shouldn’t be worried about every foot that steps on your rug. One of the best things about owning a beautiful oriental rug is showing it off and displaying it in your home. Without being able to do this, there is no benefit to owning the piece. We give you peace of mind as you live your daily life by offering special types of rug cleaning treatment to get rid of every type of damage caused, including the most difficult of circumstances.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for rug cleaning. We are proud to serve clients inHorn Lake, MS , and the surrounding areas.
Oriental Rug Cleaning - How To Do It Yourself
Beautiful, ornate area rugs add to a dash of charm to your place. When added to the living room, dining room or the bedroom, the corner becomes cozy, warm and inviting; one can end up spending endless hours on the rug. But like all other furnishings and upholstery, they gather dust, gravel, germs, pet hair and other unwanted elements. Your favorite rug may be the breeding ground for bacteria and virus. The dust and life hidden behind the fibers are capable of causing dangerous diseases and health hazards like asthma, bronchitis and various breathing problems.
It is recommended that you vacuum clean the carpet almost daily for best results. Vacuum cleaning the rug vigorously and frequently will dislodge some the dust and unwanted particles in it. If done daily, the carpet can be clean but cannot get rid of the dust completely. The carpet has to be cleaned and dusted vigorously, at least once a fortnight. Listed below are 8 tips and tricks to clean your area rugs perfectly.
• Once in a while, take the cleaning process outside, into an open area, so that the dust does not settle on your favorite things or your favorite people.
• Every once in a while, hang the area rug on a clothesline or place it on a wall while you beat it gently with a stick. The blows will dislodge all the grime stuck in it.
• Use a good quality carpet cleaning solution that can be effective in cleaning the carpet completely. Mix it with a small amount of warm water and pour it all over the rug. Gently shampoo the rug with this mixture and brush with gently with a soft brush. Clean with lots of water till the water comes out clear and let it sun dry or air dry completely.
• Dilute a portion of a carpet cleaning solution with warm water and spray the dilution all over your carpet. Let it sit for a while and then brush, clean and wash with clear water till the water becomes clear.
• Gently brush your carpet with a soft bridled brush to remove the dirt stuck in the fibers. Doing this regularly can keep your carpet neat and clean for a long time.
• Sprinkle baking soda generously all over the rug as it absorbs all odor. Brush and vacuum clean as normal.
• You may also use a dilution of vinegar and water and spray the mixture all over the carpet for the same purpose of absorbing odor. Vinegar dilutions are useful for removing stains caused on the rugs due to pet urines.
• Sun-dry the carpet regularly to get rid of all the bacteria residing in it.
Without us knowing, the carpets we love so much can become breeding grounds for bacteria, virus, fungus and other microbial organisms. Added to that would be the dust which can cause a lot of harm. Those with pets and children should be more careful. Regularly cleaning of area rugs is very essential, to keep the house disease free and infection free.
Oriental Rug Cleaning - Types And Care
All rugs should be cleaned at a rug cleaning plant. When your professional carpet cleaning is complete, your area rugs will look like new. Cleaning service can take care of your antique, oriental, Persian, fine wool, area rugs, and any other rug cleaning you need. Now you have the knowledge to clean and maintain your rug properly, and your rug is a super clean rug too. Antique oriental rugs and semi-antique rugs of all types including Persian, Wool, and Tibetan area rugs, require professional knowledge and skill to clean.
Rugs made from natural vegetable and insect dyes usually cost up to 10 times as much as those made with synthetic dyes. Those made of silk are more expensive than, and not as durable as those made of wool. The most common fibers used in weaving Oriental are wool, cotton, silk and rayon. Rugs can be made from natural materials-such as wool, synthetic materials-like acrylic fibers, or a combination of the two. Natural fibers like wool, cotton, and silk are usually more durable than synthetic fibers.
Wool rugs require special attention to prevent fading and running. Deep embedded soil can not always be vacuumed from a rug. Always vacuum your rug without the beating brush, you can either turn the brush off, or just use the attachments. Sweeping removes loose dirt and brings out the sheen of the rug. For removing most dirt stains, a rug detergent similar to Stain-X seems to get the job done. Wool rug cleaning consists of standard sweeping and vacuuming, rotating, and carefully removing spots and stains.
The best procedure to clean a natural woven or machine made fiber rug is a full immersion bath hand cleaning. A Royal Treatment Carpet Cleaning is trained to identify and clean hand knotted, hand woven flat weave, tufted or hooked, needle point, braided, Flokati, and machine made rugs. In-plant cleaning is recommended for Navajo, Turkish, Afghani, Persian, Oriental, and other hand woven rugs. Many rugs are made by machine, others are hand-tufted or hand-knotted. From the finest hand woven pieces, to the most basic floor covering, your rugs are handled with the utmost care.
There are several different types of carpet and rug cleaning. Every three to five years, a rug should be professionally cleaned. You should be lightly moving the brush back and forth, making sure all bristles are making thorough, even contact with the reverse of the rug. Professional cleaners do not take your property to their shops simply to be inconvenient or charge you more. First it should be thoroughly inspected and assessed for the type of cleaning process it has to undergo. Proper repair means your oriental rug will keep its original value.
The fringe is the first thing to go on a rug. You can stop most dyes from running by using vinegar. There are many types of rugs, as well as materials that are used to make them. When giving your property a thorough cleaning, use as many as seven strokes. There is so much misinformation out there on rugs, and what should and should not be done to them.