Rug Cleaning in Holly Springs , Mississippi
From preliminary inspection to final check, our company takes special care to properly manage your Oriental rug cleaning project. Since 1881, we have completed rug cleaning of every type of difficulty for clients that want to protect and maintain the appearance of their beautiful pieces.
Fred Remmers Rug Cleaners & Oriental Rug Gallery near Holly Springs, Mississippi can check out your rug and recommend a course of action. Our rug cleaning services are customized based on problems you have such as stains, damage, and more.
Oriental Rug Cleaning Includes a Specific Wash Process
One thing our customers inHolly Springs, Mississippi will tell you is that we are consistent in all of the work we complete, no matter how intense the cleaning process needs to be. It is not uncommon for us to handle deeply embedded pet stains, heavy discoloration, and large amounts of dirt and dust. The basics of a typical oriental rug cleaning include:
- Pre-Wash Inspection: This includes determining the condition of the rug and deciding if treatment is needed before we wash the rug.
- Dusting: This involves removing 100% of the dust from the rug with state-of-the-art methods.
- Pre-Spot Tough Stains: This customized step may involve special treatment, enzyme treatment, and color restoration.
- Submersion Wash: This includes washing the rug on both sides with our gentle yet effective shampoos.
- Soaking: Allowing the rug to soak fully in this overnight step removes dirt, liquids, and more.
- Brushing: This includes brushing the rug with special grooming tools.
- Drying: This goes on in a climate-controlled room that leaves your rug dry in about six hours.
- Final Inspection: This is conducted to make sure every aspect of the cleaning service was handled properly and to our own standards.
Add On Services Extends Your Rug’s Lifetime
When you are already investing in a piece which is especially important to your family or friends we recommend adding on services including scotch guarding, rug deodorizing, and/or moth proofing.
Scotch guarding allows you to walk, run, play, and relax on or around your rug without worrying about damages caused by spills. No matter how careful you are, it is always best to prepare for an accident because they do happen. Deodorizing is especially recommended for pet owners and people that are looking to store their rug for more than a few months. With storage in mind, you may also want to add moth proofing to prevent any major damage while your rug is not in use.
You shouldn’t be worried about every foot that steps on your rug. One of the best things about owning a beautiful oriental rug is showing it off and displaying it in your home. Without being able to do this, there is no benefit to owning the piece. We give you peace of mind as you live your daily life by offering special types of rug cleaning treatment to get rid of every type of damage caused, including the most difficult of circumstances.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for rug cleaning. We are proud to serve clients inHolly Springs, Mississippi , and the surrounding areas.
How to Clean Area Rugs - General Tips
Beautiful, ornate area rugs add to a dash of charm to your place. When added to the living room, dining room or the bedroom, the corner becomes cozy, warm and inviting; one can end up spending endless hours on the rug. But like all other furnishings and upholstery, they gather dust, gravel, germs, pet hair and other unwanted elements. Your favorite rug may be the breeding ground for bacteria and virus. The dust and life hidden behind the fibers are capable of causing dangerous diseases and health hazards like asthma, bronchitis and various breathing problems.
It is recommended that you vacuum clean the carpet almost daily for best results. Vacuum cleaning the rug vigorously and frequently will dislodge some the dust and unwanted particles in it. If done daily, the carpet can be clean but cannot get rid of the dust completely. The carpet has to be cleaned and dusted vigorously, at least once a fortnight. Listed below are 8 tips and tricks to clean your area rugs perfectly.
• Once in a while, take the cleaning process outside, into an open area, so that the dust does not settle on your favorite things or your favorite people.
• Every once in a while, hang the area rug on a clothesline or place it on a wall while you beat it gently with a stick. The blows will dislodge all the grime stuck in it.
• Use a good quality carpet cleaning solution that can be effective in cleaning the carpet completely. Mix it with a small amount of warm water and pour it all over the rug. Gently shampoo the rug with this mixture and brush with gently with a soft brush. Clean with lots of water till the water comes out clear and let it sun dry or air dry completely.
• Dilute a portion of a carpet cleaning solution with warm water and spray the dilution all over your carpet. Let it sit for a while and then brush, clean and wash with clear water till the water becomes clear.
• Gently brush your carpet with a soft bridled brush to remove the dirt stuck in the fibers. Doing this regularly can keep your carpet neat and clean for a long time.
• Sprinkle baking soda generously all over the rug as it absorbs all odor. Brush and vacuum clean as normal.
• You may also use a dilution of vinegar and water and spray the mixture all over the carpet for the same purpose of absorbing odor. Vinegar dilutions are useful for removing stains caused on the rugs due to pet urines.
• Sun-dry the carpet regularly to get rid of all the bacteria residing in it.
Without us knowing, the carpets we love so much can become breeding grounds for bacteria, virus, fungus and other microbial organisms. Added to that would be the dust which can cause a lot of harm. Those with pets and children should be more careful. Regularly cleaning of area rugs is very essential, to keep the house disease free and infection free.
The Secrets to Cleaning Area Rugs Confidently
Protecting your area rugs starts with proper area rug care. If you want your rugs to last a long time there are procedures that you should keep in mind. Starting with vacuuming, every 3-8 months your carpet should be turned over and vacuumed underneath using a beater bar attachment to loosen the dirt and grit and remove it from the pile. Replace the rug and vacuum as normal. Washing your rug will replace moisture back to the wool which will revive the color and beauty but you have to follow a few instructions and guidelines so you can protect your custom designer area rug or a family heirloom rug. Your best choice is to consult a professional oriental area rug cleaner especially if the rug you have is a top quality old rug or a fine piece. The price you pay will definitely be worth it with the end result.
How do I wash my area rug
Don't wash the rug more than once a year. A professional can advise whether it should be cleaned or not. It is important not to leave the rug damp. Your cleaning this way can ruin the rug. If you have a small area rug you can use the bathtub to clean using a good wool cleaner and a cup of vinegar. Using a soft brush scrub the carpet completely. Rinse the carpet thoroughly using lots of fresh water. This process may take several times to complete. On a level surface let the rug dry in the sun. When dry double check for dampness. You could use a hairdryer to dry fully. If you have a large area rug, you should seek out a good professional area rug cleaner.
Spot cleaning area rug tips
Stains in carpets can be a problem sometimes. Here are a few tricks that can help you.
· Blotting a stain is the rule, never rub. Rubbing could damage your carpet.
· Club soda is great for red wine stains. Using a 30/70 (peroxide / water) mixture will do the trick. Always test first! Apply and wait 30 minutes. Then using water and vinegar remove as much moisture as you can.
· Wax - all you can do is apply ice or a manufacturer spray to freeze the wax and chip it off.
Brake cleaner can be dabbed on a rug to clean food stains (do not poor). The brake fluid chemicals are the same as professionals use for cleaning.