Rug Cleaning in Oxford , Mississippi
From preliminary inspection to final check, our company takes special care to properly manage your Oriental rug cleaning project. Since 1881, we have completed rug cleaning of every type of difficulty for clients that want to protect and maintain the appearance of their beautiful pieces.
Fred Remmers Rug Cleaners & Oriental Rug Gallery near Oxford, Mississippi can check out your rug and recommend a course of action. Our rug cleaning services are customized based on problems you have such as stains, damage, and more.
Oriental Rug Cleaning Includes a Specific Wash Process
One thing our customers inOxford, Mississippi will tell you is that we are consistent in all of the work we complete, no matter how intense the cleaning process needs to be. It is not uncommon for us to handle deeply embedded pet stains, heavy discoloration, and large amounts of dirt and dust. The basics of a typical oriental rug cleaning include:
- Pre-Wash Inspection: This includes determining the condition of the rug and deciding if treatment is needed before we wash the rug.
- Dusting: This involves removing 100% of the dust from the rug with state-of-the-art methods.
- Pre-Spot Tough Stains: This customized step may involve special treatment, enzyme treatment, and color restoration.
- Submersion Wash: This includes washing the rug on both sides with our gentle yet effective shampoos.
- Soaking: Allowing the rug to soak fully in this overnight step removes dirt, liquids, and more.
- Brushing: This includes brushing the rug with special grooming tools.
- Drying: This goes on in a climate-controlled room that leaves your rug dry in about six hours.
- Final Inspection: This is conducted to make sure every aspect of the cleaning service was handled properly and to our own standards.
Add On Services Extends Your Rug’s Lifetime
When you are already investing in a piece which is especially important to your family or friends we recommend adding on services including scotch guarding, rug deodorizing, and/or moth proofing.
Scotch guarding allows you to walk, run, play, and relax on or around your rug without worrying about damages caused by spills. No matter how careful you are, it is always best to prepare for an accident because they do happen. Deodorizing is especially recommended for pet owners and people that are looking to store their rug for more than a few months. With storage in mind, you may also want to add moth proofing to prevent any major damage while your rug is not in use.
You shouldn’t be worried about every foot that steps on your rug. One of the best things about owning a beautiful oriental rug is showing it off and displaying it in your home. Without being able to do this, there is no benefit to owning the piece. We give you peace of mind as you live your daily life by offering special types of rug cleaning treatment to get rid of every type of damage caused, including the most difficult of circumstances.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for rug cleaning. We are proud to serve clients inOxford, Mississippi , and the surrounding areas.
Beautiful, ornate area rugs add to a dash of charm to your place. When added to the living room, dining room or the bedroom, the corner becomes cozy, warm and inviting; one can end up spending endless hours on the rug. But like all other furnishings and upholstery, they gather dust, gravel, germs, pet hair and other unwanted elements. Your favorite rug may be the breeding ground for bacteria and virus. The dust and life hidden behind the fibers are capable of causing dangerous diseases and health hazards like asthma, bronchitis and various breathing problems.
It is recommended that you vacuum clean the carpet almost daily for best results. Vacuum cleaning the rug vigorously and frequently will dislodge some the dust and unwanted particles in it. If done daily, the carpet can be clean but cannot get rid of the dust completely. The carpet has to be cleaned and dusted vigorously, at least once a fortnight. Listed below are 8 tips and tricks to clean your area rugs perfectly.
• Once in a while, take the cleaning process outside, into an open area, so that the dust does not settle on your favorite things or your favorite people.
• Every once in a while, hang the area rug on a clothesline or place it on a wall while you beat it gently with a stick. The blows will dislodge all the grime stuck in it.
• Use a good quality carpet cleaning solution that can be effective in cleaning the carpet completely. Mix it with a small amount of warm water and pour it all over the rug. Gently shampoo the rug with this mixture and brush with gently with a soft brush. Clean with lots of water till the water comes out clear and let it sun dry or air dry completely.
• Dilute a portion of a carpet cleaning solution with warm water and spray the dilution all over your carpet. Let it sit for a while and then brush, clean and wash with clear water till the water becomes clear.
• Gently brush your carpet with a soft bridled brush to remove the dirt stuck in the fibers. Doing this regularly can keep your carpet neat and clean for a long time.
• Sprinkle baking soda generously all over the rug as it absorbs all odor. Brush and vacuum clean as normal.
• You may also use a dilution of vinegar and water and spray the mixture all over the carpet for the same purpose of absorbing odor. Vinegar dilutions are useful for removing stains caused on the rugs due to pet urines.
• Sun-dry the carpet regularly to get rid of all the bacteria residing in it.
Without us knowing, the carpets we love so much can become breeding grounds for bacteria, virus, fungus and other microbial organisms. Added to that would be the dust which can cause a lot of harm. Those with pets and children should be more careful. Regularly cleaning of area rugs is very essential, to keep the house disease free and infection free.
Sheepskin Rug Cleaning
There are a host of benefits to getting professional rug and carpet cleaning. Rug and carpet cleaning professionals can also repair or just retouch any imperfections found. These cleaners are truly skilled at weaving and are able to patch up any rug or carpet. They are very knowledgeable when it comes to the various types of carpets and rugs that exist, being able to match any style of weaving from around the world. Another great reason for engaging a professional cleaner is that he or she will be able to accurately appraise your rugs and carpets. Knowing how much a floor covering is worth and how much it costs to clean and repair will help tremendously when it comes to selling the rug.
When choosing carpet cleaning NY (in the region) done by professionals, they will first examine your rug to determine the materials it is comprised of and what kind of damage may be on it. From this they will then decide the ideal way to clean your rug or other floor covering. There are all kinds of chemicals in rug cleaners and odor removers. You should know the correct cleanser for a specific kind of stain or you could well damage your rug beyond repair!
Antique rugs and carpets, however, are beautiful pieces of art that are too often taken for granted and not correctly cared for. With nice floor coverings it takes much more than just the typical vacuum cleaner and cleaning product to properly maintain them. Average vacuum cleaners are all right for the likes of everyday carpets but could potentially destroy anything finer. Many antique rugs are constructed of very fine and delicate materials, and if you don't know what you're doing you could easily pull a loose thread and your valuable rug or carpet can become frayed at its ends. Also, average consumers probably do not have access to such carpet cleaning tools as would be needed for thorough cleaning; more than just a vacuum cleaner is required to get the job done right. It takes a professional with a very specific set of skills and tools. Only they would know how to operate the machinery used to really give a good clean.
For example, they could use steam injectors and compressed air canisters, or even a chamber with a climate controlled artificial environment where your precious floor covering can be hung in optimal conditions for drying. The bottom line is that the typical person just can't look after a rug correctly. Those with antique or expensive rugs and carpets should consider professional carpet cleaning NY (in the region) to extend the life of their floor covering, keeping it looking as good as ever.